Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tarri: My First



Welcome to "Not Quite Martha Stewart." Shannon started me on the wonderful journey and pattern for this hat. I had a great time getting started because she was around, BUT as soon as she left.......hands started a'shakin' and the yarn began slipping between my sweaty fingers. With clenched teeth, I determined to finish it - pretty or not! Then the I-cord. I soon realized I could knit this forever because I had no idea how to stop it. Not wanting to call Shannon and too lazy to get on the computer, I did the next best thing - tied a knot and made a weird tassle thingy-ma-bob. There may never be a child to wear this first hat, but I did it. It does bring a smile to my face and makes me happy to know the first one's out of the way - It can only get better.

I wonder how often the Lord looks at my little imperfections and smiles.....knowing I'll only get better, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger shannon said...

Tarri!!! That is so adorable! I love your little tassel thingy-ma-bob. I really do. You're flying. Can't wait to see what you knit next. :)

And I love the spiritual application. Aren't you glad God is patient while we grow?

I'm proud of you--and not even in just a big sister way. :)

Thu Mar 09, 07:48:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Nancy said...

Tarri! It is adorable! (I was gonna say that first and Shannon beat me to it!)

The thingy-ma-bob is perfect.

And good job with your very first blog post!

I am proud of you too!

I can't wait to see what is next. :)

Fri Mar 10, 01:36:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Kari said...

Tarri, Is this the hat you were working on just last night at Home Fellowship? Wow! I see I'm the only knitter that hasn't blogged a project but I look forward to it when I finish the baby blanket.
Kari

Mon Mar 13, 10:03:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Cora said...

Good job, Tarri! We are all so proud (especially about the tassel-thingy-ma-bob)!!

Mon Mar 13, 06:52:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home