Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sonya:knitting & air travel

I just called the airlines because I'm traveling abroad on Friday. I asked them if I could bring my knitting. The employee had to refer to the policy manual written specifically for knitters and crocheters. For this particular airline (Continental) circular needles are recommended. Medal needles are not allowed. (And here's my favorite part) It was recommended I bring a crochet needle just in case my work had to be saved. And finally, it was suggested I bring a self-addressed envelope just in case my needles had to be confiscated.

I'm REALLY glad I called. I think I'd be more upset to find out I could have brought my work and didn't. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Hey Sonya. I guess it is best to call or check the website. I flew to San Diego recently on Alaska Airlines and the restrictions were very minimal. I did bring my bamboo needles just so I wouldn't beep going through the security but I had them in my carry-on bag and knitted happily most of the way.

So where ya headed?

Thu Jun 15, 01:08:00 PM 2006  
Blogger shannon said...

I'm just trying to figure out how a crochet needle could save your work ...

Kari, she went to France. Isn't she living some kind of life? :)

Wed Jul 05, 09:25:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home