Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sonya:Knitting and our God

Let’s see…can you add to this?

Knitting & Our God

1. follow directions. They really mean what they say and they really work.
2. don’t second guess what is written. If you go off on your own surely you will depart from the plan. You’ll just have to go back and “do over”.
3. if it “feels” wrong and “looks” wrong, most likely, it is.
4. if you make a mistake things will still turn-out okay. It may not be perfect but the project will come-out unblemished and looking good.

4. There’s a lot of grace given w/mistakes. Besides, felting (His blood) washes all our sins away.
5. If you don’t understand something you can always go back to the Bible of knitting. There’s an answer to every question.
6. When a still, small voice says, “be still” put your work down and rest lest you make a mistake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Sonya,
Thanks so much for the analogy. I needed it this morning. Last night, I was working on a ear flap hat for Jeff when I had to pull it all out. I hadn't realized soon enough that I had cast on 10 extra stitches. Only when the hat was about half finished did I see that it was enormous and would have fit a giant. I thought about continuing, sewing up the bottom and making a bag but in the end I just pulled the whole thing out.
Maybe I"ll go print out these reminders so that when I'm up late at night and begin to think, "just one more row", I'll know better and put my work down "lest I make a mistake!" LOL

Fri Jun 09, 09:21:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Sonya Kaye said...

and that, my dear, ALSO is how I learned the put-it-down lesson.

Wed Jun 14, 08:10:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home