Monday, February 27, 2006

Shannon: French Market Bag

I'm soooo close to finishing. I'm so close, I can visualize myself grafting those handles with a kitchener stitch. I can see myself securing the loose threads and placing the bag in a pillow case in the washer ... and pulling it back out at the end of the cycle ... and shaping it to dry in front of the woodstove. I can imagine the weight of this freshly-felted French market bag hanging on my arm. I'm shopping at Whole Foods and I've just loaded it with tangy mineolas and a jar of kalamata olives and a warm loaf of ciabatta. As a last minute thought, I tuck a spring bouquet inside. And STILL there's plenty of room.

Oh, how I want to be done. But wouldn't you know it? I finished three of the four handles ... and here's all that remains of my blue Cascade wool. Just that non-helpful little bit o' yarn. Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip back to Main Street Yarns.

Got this pattern at knitty.com. Speaking of knitty, I read a good article there this morning called Things I Wish Someone had Told Me.


They told me ... and now I'm telling you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Shan,

That bag is neat! It must be bigger than it looks if you are going to fit all of those goodies from Whole Foods into it!

You sure do have a french thing going, first the bag and then the accent :)

Mon Feb 27, 02:27:00 PM 2006  
Blogger shannon said...

Oui, oui, Nahn-cee. What a clevair, clevair geerl you are to have made ze connection.

Mon Feb 27, 10:16:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Cora said...

You are doing a great job on that bag, Shannon. Can't wait to see it!

Tue Feb 28, 10:13:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Fran said...

It's turning out really cute Shannon! I can't wait to see it when it's felted. If you just happen to be carrying a warm loaf of bread to my house in it then so much the better.... :)

Tue Feb 28, 01:55:00 PM 2006  
Blogger ullash said...

Those bags are just precious! You really know how to add the details!


camouflage backpack
camouflage duffel bag
camouflage flask
camouflage knives
camouflage tote bag

Sun Jul 08, 10:49:00 AM 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home