Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fran: A Request

I am knitting up a picnic blanket out of some inexpensive yarn but in working on it my right brain has been having a field day (all garter stitch!) I have been wanting to make a throw for my living room for some time but I just haven't figured out exactly what I wanted, until now. I want to make a patch work throw out of knitted blocks in the colors I've got going.

Here's where you come in. I was wondering if each of my friends would create a 12" block (or two 6" blocks) for me to make into my blanket. (And even if they're not those sizes I'm sure I can work them in anyway!) I'm going to call it my Friendship blanket if I can get blocks for it made by my friends. I'll be knitting a lot of it myself but it would be so cool if I had some of your stitchwork in it too. Pulling it around my shoulders on a chilly winter morning would warm me inside and out.

Of course if you want to make one too I would be happy to knit you a block or two in whatever colors you have going. If you want to do one you can make the block however you'd like. It can be all one color, or a combination. Try a new stitch or just stick with garter or stockinette, solid and sturdy or lacy fancy; whatever you want to do!

My house is trying to be a woodsy cozy type place with tans, browns, moss green, slate tile and a brick red kitchen (that looks terra cotta colored in the sunlight). I'd love any of those colors or other earthy tones that suit a woodsy type theme. I'm not picky!

There is a site that does crochet block exchanges like this with people all over the world (I think they do knit ones too). It's where I got the idea from. I had been thinking of joining one of the block exchanges but it is a big commitment with them because you have to make as many as are in your group (and some of them get up to 60 participents!) How much more special would it be if mine were made by people I love!

So, what do you think? Will you make me a block? Pretty please?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kari Kelly said...

So all you need is a 12X12 square? And it can be with yarn I have around the house already? How fun! I'll dig through my bag of yarn and see what I can come up with.

Fri Jun 23, 04:24:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Fran said...

That's all I need! If I can get a few from my friends then I will do the rest but I'll have a little piece of you in it! And you don't have to make it a rush item or anything. Putting a blanket together in 90 degree weather isn't my idea of fun! lol Thanks Kari!

Sat Jun 24, 04:26:00 PM 2006  
Blogger shannon said...

I'll make you a block, Fran!

That was purple, red and yellow ... right?

:)

Sun Jun 25, 07:24:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Fran said...

Riiiiggggghhhhhtttt.....If you make me one that color I'll stick it right smack in the middle. I'm sure it will be a conversation piece! :P

Sun Jun 25, 09:04:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Nancy said...

Fran,

I will make a square for you too!!!

What a great idea!

Mon Jul 03, 01:42:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Fran said...

Thanks Nancy!

Tue Jul 04, 08:48:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home