Saturday, March 25, 2006

Shannon: French Market Bag--Felted!

I'm in love with felting. I mean it. You tuck in all those frayed, sad-looking ends, grimace over all those curled, raggedy edges, and cross your fingers as you toss the mess into a pillow case. And then ... and then ... the timer dings and you pull it back out. And it's unbelievably smooth and un-messed.

I ran my hand over the place where I knew I'd worked that teeth-clenching Kitchener stitch, but I couldn't find it. The felting had erased my not-quite-there stitches and made everything all nice and muted.

I was staring at the finished product last week and I said to Dave, "I just know there's a spiritual illustration here somewhere."

Without even blinking, he said, "Yep. All you need to erase a lifetime of mistakes is a good washing."

That's why he's the pastor.

Speaking of washing, we're having a baptism out at Lake Stevens tomorrow after church. Come watch Dave and Steve shiver together.

One last word about the bag ... it's not quite as spacious and echo-y as I'd envisioned while working on it, but I'm still enamored. I know there's a tiny loaf of ciabatta and a mini bouquet out there with my name on them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Okay, so I couldn't comment on your blog so I will have to do it here. Did I miss a day, I know that you tricked Tarri into thinking she has lost a whole year so it is not out of the question that you could fool me out of a day, but I could've sworn that today was Saturday!

I love you felted market bag by the way!

Sat Mar 25, 07:04:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Fran said...

Your bag is so pretty! I love the look of felting but I think I'm to cheap at the moment to spend money on the yarn! I'm afraid I'll like it too much! :)

Mon Mar 27, 09:57:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home