Thursday, March 23, 2006

Fran: Slippers


I could probably do these in my sleep at this point since I made a bazillion of them at Christmas! My sister lives in Tennessee and asked for a pair in their football team's colors. So, here they are in all their splendor! For such a simple pattern I've sure had a lot of fun making these! I use an inexpensive yarn for the slipper itself and then crochet with fun fur, mink or some other wild looking yarn. Gracie and I have matching slippers in bright red with white trim. Add's a touch of glam to my life! :)
Fran

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the slippers you made for me! Aren't those colors pretty together? I have to tell you that you have mistakenly lied to all of the people who see this blog. TN. Football (college) colors are orange and white. I like orange and white but blue and orange is original! You can make 20,000 pairs of orange and white for my new side business! You will get 1% of the profits. Just kidding! I love you and I love the slippers! Thank you- davina

Fri Mar 24, 08:19:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Fran said...

Aren't the Titans blue and orange? Sorry for lying everyone! :)

Fri Mar 24, 08:35:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Kari Kelly said...

Fran, you have reinspired me to try again with slippers. After the disaster with the "frankenstein" sized slipper (notice I said slipper~not slippers since one turned out normal and the other was enormous) I tried knitting for hubby. Thank goodness #2 son wears size 13/14 and with a little creative backstitching they were salvageable. LOL

Sun Mar 26, 09:07:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Fran said...

I think you should try again! Just remember to count your rows on the first part, be sure you're using the same sized needles and measure the first slipper when you are done (from the end of the garter stitching to the toe. Measure the ribbing while it's still on the needle and make a note of the length. I measure but then I forget how long they were! So now I write it down. :)

Mon Mar 27, 09:55:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home