Monday, March 13, 2006

Kari: Queen of Hearts Lace-edged Preemie Blanket


Well, here it is in all its splendor! LOL Tim's sister is due any day now and I wanted to make her something special. Hats and beanies had lost their luster so I thought I'd attempt something a little fancier. I didn't know at the time that the "lace" was to be attached AFTER the body of the blanket was complete. It's only by God's grace that I ended up with the proper amount of lace to sew on the outer edge. It fit PERFECT. The blanket itself is not big, only 18" x 19" including lace. The original Lion Brand pattern called for Cashmere but I used a wool blend.
I'd like to attach a verse or prayer to this blanket......Of course, Psalm 139 comes to mind but I'd love to hear other ideas or suggestions too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cora said...

How about Psalm 23?

It's beatiful, Kari. You did a great job!

Mon Mar 13, 06:50:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Fran said...

Ooh!! Kari, it's beautiful!!! You did such a good job!

Mon Mar 13, 07:06:00 PM 2006  
Blogger shannon said...

Kari, I can't believe how quickly you finished that! You weren't even done with the lace the night before! It's gorgeous. Your sister-in-law will love it. :)

Tue Mar 14, 07:38:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Kari Kelly said...

Thanks for the encouragement Cora, Fran and Shannon. I'm not sure what I'm prouder of........the blanket or the fact that I did my first blog........with a picture no less!(ha ha~ LOL)

Tue Mar 14, 09:33:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home