Thursday, November 08, 2007

Fran: Finally Finished My Sweater!

I started this thing last spring but got bored with it and started something else. (Actually, I got all the pieces done and just had to put it together. You know how that goes!)

Well, I didn't want the child to outgrow it before I had it finished so I thought I'd better get back to it (plus there was frost on the ground and she needs a sweater!)

The pattern is the same free Lion pattern that I used for Josh's sweater but instead of the rolled edges I knit an eyelet edging then went back and crocheted the pink into the eyelets. I like how it turned out (and so does Gracie.)

The only problem with this pattern is that the hood is never the size it needs to be for my kids. I added to it with the hope it would fit Gracie's head but I should have kept going because it's still a little short. Since it's too short I didn't tack the hood openings down like the pattern says to. Instead I left it loose and crocheted a picot edge along the neck opening to give it a finished look. Then I added ties to the hood so it will stay on if she wears it.

Here are the pics:


2 Comments:

Blogger Kari Kelly said...

I bet this will be her new favorite. I love how you take something and make it your own. Very creative, Fran.

Thu Nov 08, 01:00:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Oh my gosh, it's darling!

Mon Jan 14, 01:37:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home