Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fran: Me Again!

Am I the only one on here? It's like you guys have a life or something!

Jon's been studying all week so I've had the evenings free for knitting. I decided to try this very intimidating looking hat and guess what?! I did it! In the process I learned how to read a chart, how to strand (well, I actually already knew how to do that) and how to weave (if you have to carry a yarn across five or more stitches you need to weave them in as you go.)

So, here is my hat....


In case you can't tell, those are snowflakes. (Yes, almost 90 degree weather inspired me to knit snowflakes!)















I messed up when I started the body but I am totally okay with leaving it! I figured the brim is folded up and will hide my big mistake. I was so tired one night while I was knitting that these little designs started looking like Pacman Characters. (They were moving and everything! I decided it was time for bed at that point.)


Here is a closeup of the brim.

3 Comments:

Blogger shannon said...

Fran, you are amazing. What a beautiful hat!

I have been reluctant to have yarn in my lap because of the heat, but I think working on something with snowflakes might be doable. :)

Sonya, your little hat picture next to your name is such a cute identifier!

Wed Jul 05, 09:22:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Kari Kelly said...

Fran, that hat is beautiful. You MUST teach the rest of us. I'm finishing the placemats I showed you and then I'll attempt to knit with wire and beads to make napkins rings. I'll post if they turn out~ ha ha

Wed Jul 05, 02:15:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Fran, Your hat is awesome. I just learned to knit in January 2005, but I'm working on a purse to felt and a summer sweater. My only sorrow is that there aren't any experience knitters for me to go to with questions. My girlfriend and I (learned at the same time) are finding books very helpful! Love the hat and the snowflakes!

Wed Jul 05, 06:41:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home