Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fran: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


I checked out a book from the library (Simple Chic, Designer knits, super quick!) and saw the pattern for this hat in it. Needless to say, I just had to knit it!! It's knit flat and seemed up the back (which I really did not like!) Then you knit an I-cord and baste it on around the outside edge. Make a pom pom, sew on some jingle bells and colorful buttons and Voila! You have yourself a Christmas tree hat! I can't follow directions to save my life so of course I didn't do a gauge swatch (I was to anxious to start knitting it!) It turned out too big but I just ran it through my sewing machine when I seemed up the back and it fits her fine. I also added the jingle bells to the buttons they called for and I used sparkly fun fur instead of plain white yarn. (I'm a girly-girl and like anything that sparkles!)



******************

UPDATE!!
We went to the Granite Falls Christmas tree lighting ceremony tonight and they had a Holiday hat contest. Gracie's hat won for the kids category! It's now a prize winning hat! lol She had no clue what was happening but they gave her a gift bag with a stuffed snowman, an old maid card game and a candy cane as big as her arm! She wasn't going to refuse after seeing that thing! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home