Friday, November 23, 2007

Shannon: On the Needles


I love, love, love the Rowena Cardigan in "Knit 2 Together." It's the one sweater I haven't been able to get out of my head. So I made a trip down to Sonya's shop (Yorkshire Yarns) in Lakewood, and she and I spent about an hour looking through her inventory for just the right yarn. When I did settle on one, she ended up having to order it for me so I'd have enough of the same dye lot. Then, when it came in, she sent it on up to me.

If you haven't been down to Sonya's shop yet, I recommend that you make the trip. In fact, if you want, we could all do a run together. Usually those things lead to lunch afterward ... any complaints?

Here's a picture of the Rowena Cardigan. And yes, I'm making it in brown. My only hesitation right now (I'm about six inches into the left front piece) is how I can alter the pattern so it's less boxy in the waist. I want to think this through before I just go decreasing willy-nilly.

So what's everyone else knitting right now?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari Kelly said...

Shannon, I felt compelled to write you a quick note after your comment in Value Village the other day about nobody responding to this post! I thought I was the only one who waited anxiously to see a comment, from someone...anyone? LOL

BTW~ I know this sweater will be beautiful when it is finished.

I'm working on a little boy sweater vest and I'm using left-over yarn and the wrong size needles so we'll see what the heck it turns out to be when I'm through with it! EEK!!

Thu Jan 03, 03:21:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Fran said...

This sweater is so cute and I can't wait to see how it turns out! (Sorry for not commenting sooner. I've been on blog hiatus or something and hadn't read any of them.)

BTW, I haven't been to Sonya's shop yet. We should take a field trip (and lunch would be perfect!)

Tue Jan 08, 11:23:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Kim said...

This sweater is super cute! Seriously makes me want to learn how to knit. I need to learn to make hats and scarves first, right? Maybe I should make it a goal to knit a sweater by the time I'm 30. lol

Wed Jan 30, 09:35:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home