Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fran: Knit for Soldiers

I just saw this on the KiroTV News website and thought I'd post it here in case anyone is interested in helping. The National Museum of the Marine Corps is asking knitters and crocheters to help the troops by knitting helmet liners.

There are certain specifications that the liners need to meet in order to be used (for example they have to be 100% wool as the soldiers aren't allowed to wear synthetic fabrics. Wool will keep them warm even if it gets wet.)

Here is the link: http://www.kirotv.com/news/15304371/detail.html

The link will take you to a page that has more info and a web address for instructions if you'd like to help.

Happy knitting! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari Kelly said...

This is great, Fran. I'd love to do something like this. Thanks for the link. I have another "charity" idea but I need to get the specifics before I can post.

Tue Feb 19, 11:53:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home